From the "Alumni" column:
Did you know that:
- Beatrice Escott ’32 is at Smith Agricultural School in Northampton?
- Beatrice Vonderhoop ‘32 is going to Columbia?
- Helen Paul ’32 is teaching vocational guidance in Maynard?
- Marion Ramsdell ’32 is teaching in a junior high school at Sukonk?
- Eleanor McDevitt '32 is married?
- Dot Edwards '32 is a student dietitian at the Union Hospital in Fall River?
- Esther Berg '32 is teaching in St. Johnsbury, Vt.?
- Florence Gates '32 is teaching in Fisherville?
- Helen Conley ‘32 is teaching at the Union School in Burlington?
- Bernice McGilvary ‘32 was married in Southbridge on July 30, to Dr. Stuart Gibson, of that town?
- Winifred Doneilo ‘31 is teaching grammar school in Rockland?
- Sylvia Leavitt (Sally) '32 and Ingrid Erikson ‘32 are both teaching in Sturbridge?
- Mary Smith ‘27 is teaching clothing in Belmont?
- Eleanor Lawrence, Mildred Heath, and Mary Toledo are teaching in Fairhaven?
- Margaret North and Shirley Lubowitz are taking a fourth year at Worcester Teachers College?
- Gertrude Doane '30 was married on September 4 to Mr. Schroeder? The ceremony was performed in the Marblehead Methodist church?
- Ethel Wood '30 was married in Amherst on September 1? The couple will live in Ithaca, N. Y., where the former Miss Wood‘s husband is connected with Cornell University?
- Helen Courtis ’30 is teaching clothing and foods in Claremont, N. H., junior high school?
- Gertrude Cook ‘30 is directing a florist shop and carnation farm in Shrewsbury?
The alumnae regret the death of:
Charlotte A. Wood ’23, February 13. Florence L. Kenway '09 —H.A., March 8. Florence Williams Horne '66, April 22. Ethel Faulkner Boone '03, April 22. Etta R. Walcott '00, September 11. Bertha C. Bixby ‘01, in Shanghai, China. Memorial services were held for her August 28 at Wellesley Hills.
Of interest to present seniors is the announcement of the marriage on July 19 of Marguerite Vesta Moses of Wakefield, former class member, to Larkin Endicott Bennett. Mrs. Bennett attended the Lesley School after leaving Framingham.
student newspaper, Framingham Normal School, Framingham State University, women's college, teacher education, journalism, gatepost, Mary Schwartz obituary
American Material Culture | Communication | Creative Writing | Graphic Communications | Higher Education | Intellectual History | Journalism Studies | Social History | Teacher Education and Professional Development | United States History | Women's History
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Framingham State University, "The Gatepost, v02, issue 01" (1932). The Gatepost: All Issues. 4.