Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of Normal Hall.

Date Created

1889

Subject Categories

Architecture, Campus Buildings, Housing

Comments

The first building constructed on the Framingham campus, formally known as Framingham Normal School. Normal Hall housed classrooms and the administration, and was located on the present site of May Hall. Eventually, a dormitory was built in 1869 which was also called Normal Hall. When construction started on May Hall in 1888, Normal Hall was moved north of its original site and set up on timbers as a temporary facility that was described as "uncomfortable beyond expression". After May Hall opened in 1889, the Normal School Building was demolished.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings

Share

Image Location

 
COinS