Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of the Assembly Room in May Hall, c.1890.

Date Created

1890

Subject Categories

Architecture, Campus Buildings, Housing

Comments

Pictured is the Assembly Room in May Hall, c.1890. When the school first opened in 1839, some subject areas were approached gingerly, such as science being taught to women. This Assembly Room allowed for lectures and faculty opinions to be heard by the entire student body. May Hall was built in 1889, and was named in honor of Miss Abby W. May, the official visitor from the Massachusetts Board of Education.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings

Share

Image Location

 
COinS