Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of May Hall, Crocker Hall and Normal Hall.

Date Created

1912

Subject Categories

Architecture, Campus Buildings, Housing

Comments

May Hall, Crocker and Normal Hall. May Hall named for Abby May, an official visitor to the Normal School for the Mass. Board of education, was built in 1889 – Housed classrooms and Practice School. Crocker Hall named for Lucretia Crocker (1850), first woman to serve on the Boston School Board & Science Supervisor, was built in 1886 and was residence for students and faculty, later center for Household Arts. Normal Hall – First Dormitory, served as home for principals (Presidents) as well as for students and some teachers.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings

Share

Image Location

 
COinS