Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of Maynard Road, Framingham, c. 1890.

Date Created

1890

Subject Categories

Architecture, Campus Buildings, Housing

Comments

St. John's Episcopal Church stands in front of (from left to right) May, Crocker, and Normal Halls. Designed by Framingham architect Alexander Rice Esty, the church held its first service on Easter Sunday 1871. Now the Heineman Ecumenical and Cultural Center, it is one of only two buildings remaining in Framingham constructed of local granite.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings

Share

Image Location

 
COinS