Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of the Chemistry Lab in May Hall in 1890.

Date Created

1890

Subject Categories

Students, Activity Programs in Education, Portraits

Comments

The Chemistry Lab was located in May Hall in the 1890's. A century ago students were utilizing the latest technologies in the school's chemistry lab. At the time, they could barely envision the technology to which their grandchildren would have access. In 1974 the Chemistry Lab was equipped with the Perkin-Elmer F12 B, a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer, which helps determine molecular structure. Regardless of one's major, whether Household Arts or Education, science was always a basic requirement. Students were expected to be well rounded, not one-dimensional. It was assumed that they would be able to discuss the subtleties of the universe as effortlessly as world events.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings, students, class

Share

Image Location

 
COinS