Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of Crocker Hall.

Date Created

1963

Subject Categories

Architecture, Campus Buildings, Housing

Comments

Built in 1886 as an additional dormitory to Normal Hall, Crocker Hall included space for faculty residences. Named for Alumna and Faculty member Lucretia Crocker from the class of 1850, and later brilliant science faculty from 1850-1854. Originally a timber structure, it was severely damaged by a fire on Christmas Eve 1887. It was rebuilt and reopened in February 1889. It was again heavily damaged during the Hurricane of 1938. No longer a dormitory, Crocker Hall today houses faculty offices including the Department of Economics and Business Administration, Sociology and Psychology, and Philosophy.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings

Share

 
COinS