Preview

image preview

Authors

Description/Abstract

Photograph of students in the Library in May Hall.

Date Created

1890

Subject Categories

Architecture, Campus Buildings, Housing

Comments

This single room served as the college's library from 1889 to 1937, after which it was moved to Dwight Hall. By the start of the college's 51st year, the rigors of higher education had intensified. Gone were the one-year courses, which were replaced with two-year and advanced four-year programs. The four-year program included courses in advanced algebra, geometry, trigonometry, surveying, chemistry, physics, and botany. Languages included Latin, French, German, and Greek. Today, the Whittemore Library is housed in its own building with not only thousands of books but also cutting edge technology that enables communication throughout the world.

Keywords

archives, Framingham State University, normal school, campus buildings, students

Share

Image Location

 
COinS